Monetree Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Monetree's Website. When you use Monetree, you’re agreeing to all the terms laid out on this page. By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use Monetree's website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
Description of Service
Monetree is a web based platform allowing creators to register and create profile pages where they can accept donations and share their content. Creators can customise the information, imagery and videos they share on their profile. Creators can accept donations through their profiles. Monetree is not a financial institution, merchant, creditor, charity, advisor or broker of any kind.
When registering for an account all information you give us must be accurate and complete. You must not impersonate anyone else or choose a username that is offensive or violates anyone’s rights. If you do not follow these rules we may remove your account from Monetree.
You are responsible for your own account and the information displayed on it. If you find out that someone has used your account without your permission, you should report it to [email protected].
Acceptable use of Monetree
As a creator on Monetree you are solely responsible for all text, images, videos, links and any other content you upload, post, publish or display on your Monetree profile.
Any content you upload will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You will retain all ownership rights but by using our site you grant us and other users a limited right to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who claims content uploaded by you violates their intellectual property rights, or their right of privacy.
We reserve the right to check and remove any content posted to Monetree if, in our opinion, it impacts negatively on our business.
If you want to be a creator on Monetree you must not:
- Break the law: don’t take any action that infringes or violates other people’s rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Share anything prohibited by our payment provider, you can review this here: https://stripe.com/gb/prohibited-businesses
- Post information that you know to be false, misleading or inaccurate.
- Post any content that would be considered adult or sexually explicit, this includes but is not limited to:
- Pornography, nudity and any other obscene content;
- Imagery, videos or external site links containing such material;
- Violent or gory content;
- Hate speech, intimidation or abuse of any kind targeting any individual, group or institution.
- Offer prohibited items in exchange for a donation
- Publish spam content: do not distribute unsolicited or unauthorised promotional material or any junk mail, spam links or mail chains.
- Victimise anyone: you must not do anything abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing or invasive to another person’s privacy.
- Distribute content that could harm someone’s computer: you must not distribute software viruses, or anything else (code, programmes, films) designed to interfere and/or damage any software, hardware or equipment.
- Use other users’ personal information for anything other than the intended purpose
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data ('Comments') on creator profiles. Monetree does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of Monetree, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. Monetree shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Monetree reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to Monetree a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Creator Links on Montree
Creators are allowed to add external links to other websites on their profiles (these may include, but are not limited to website pages, social media profiles, videos). When accessing these third party links you do so at your own risk. Monetree does not control or endorse these sites and it is your responsibility to review privacy policies and terms and conditions on third party websites.
It is free to set up a profile on Monetree. If your profile is successful in collecting donations then we (and our payment partner Stripe) collect fees. The Monetree fee is a 5% transaction fee on all donations, creators keep 95% of the amount.
Payment partner fees may vary slightly depending on your location. Monetree is not responsible for our payment partners performance. You are responsible for paying any additional fees or taxes associated with you Monetree account through Stripe.
We reserve the right to change our fees and charge additional fees in the future for any type of transaction.
By using this site you agree that any donations you make are with creators, who are acting as third-party sellers on the Monetree platform.
Monetree is not a payment provider, all donations made to creators through Monetree are done so through a third party payment provider (Stripe). By using Monetree you are agreeing to the terms of these third parties and they are responsible for all matters related to payment and use of your card details.
It is recommended that you review the terms and conditions of Stripe before using Monetree’s platform: https://stripe.com/gb/ssa
Monetree is not and should not be held liable for any damages or losses related to use of our platform. We will not become involved in any disputes between users, or between any third party relating to the use of our platform. We do not oversee the performance or endorse the content of any creator profile or submitted content. All content you access through our platform is at your own risk. You’re responsible for any resulting loss or damage to any party.
Creators Intellectual Property
Any royalties or licensing on any content you publish, post or share on Monetree are your responsibility. You will be responsible to pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity based on your content, or on Monetree hosting of that content. You are responsible for anything you post to Monetree and we are not responsible for any mistakes in your content.
Deleting Your Account
You can terminate your account at any time by getting in contact with us. We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes. All provisions of this agreement survive termination of an account, including our rights regarding any content you’ve already submitted to the Site. For any additional information you require on profile deletion please contact us at [email protected].
We use both Google Captcha for security during registration and login which may analyse a user's IP address. We also use Stripe payment system on each profile page that will use certain network characteristics for anti fraud measures. More can be found on the Stripe website.
Unless otherwise stated, Monetree and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material related to Monetree on Monetree. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from https://monetree.com/ for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from https://monetree.com/
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://monetree.com/
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://monetree.com/
- Redistribute content from Monetree (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our website.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our website upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our website or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
Monetree acts as a listing platform and does not act as a seller of any goods or services. Monetree does not guarantee or endorse any content added to our site by creators. Any disputes, queries, errors or other communications regarding creator content and donations should be directed to the creator. Monetree is not responsible for managing these disputes directly or processing refunds for donations made. Creators are listed as third party sellers on our website so any donations made to creators are with the relevant creator only, facilitated through a third party payment platform.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
Monetree are entitled to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Everytime you use our site it is advisable to check the terms and conditions that apply at this time. Any major changes to the website include profile usage and functionality, donations and content upload will be notified to users with as much notice as reasonably possible.
Terms and conditions last updated July 2020.